All of our floor plans are drawn to 1:100 scale and therefore some of the larger pdf plan templates are presented on A3 or even A2 size PDF’s to fit properly on the drawing sheet. Although not everyone have the luxury of having a large format printer at their home or office, but this can easily be fixed by printing the sheet to scale over multiple ‘tiled’ A4 sheets and joining them together. This is done as follows:
- When you have the file open in Adobe Acrobat; Select File > Print to open the ‘Print’ dialogue window.
- Select your printer.
- Go to ‘Page Scaling’ and select ‘Tile Large Pages’.
- Set the ‘Tile scale’ to 100% if not already at that setting.
- Select a good overlap where the pages can be joined later. (0,5 or 1in is a favourable setting)
- It might be a good idea to check the ‘Cut marks’ box to aid in the joining of the tiled pages.
- Click on ‘OK’ and that’s it!